Filter by Subcategory
Trudi's Designers General Information
with Trudi Savas
We offer Sewing & Design Classes, Special Needs Classes, Birthday Parties, Scouts, Holiday Parties, Private Functions for groups of 4 or more of all ages. You choose a project theme we will supply project ideas. Call 508-733-0689 for more information on private parties or classes.
All of our classes are age appropriate and at least one finished project will be brought home after each class. Your child will learn to machine sew while having fun. Each class has a seasonal project that your child will design and sew. The projects are chosen to incorporate a new sewing skill.
Example of Sewing Skills; hemming, appliques, quilting, zippers, drawstrings and more. They will be creating fun projects while learning at the same time.
All of our classes are stress free for ages 5 to adult. You will be amazed and what your child can do! Ask your friends about us then come in and see why they feel so proud, confident and share in their thrill of accomplishment. Snacks are included.
What they will learn:
SEWING MACHINE SKILLS
- Learning the basics and parts of a sewing machine
- Sewing straight lines and fancy stitches
- Threading the needle
- Filling a bobbin
- Loading a bobbin into the sewing machine
- Trouble Shooting
DESIGNING - No two projects are ever alike unless chosen to be.
- They will choose from a large assortment of fabrics, mix and matching and learn the difference of the fibers.
- Adding lace, trims, ribbon, jewels and bobbles
- CONSTRUCTING A PROJECT
- Learn to read &/or make a pattern
- Cutting Fabric
- Ironing (age appropriate)
- Designing with Vinyl
- Clip Art transferring a .JPG into a .SVG
- Designing your layout on the Cricut
- Threading the Machine
- Laying out design
- Filling Bobbins
- Loading fabric and stabilizer into the beds